Yes, if you’d like to change the email address associated with your LingoDeer account, please contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll take care of it for you. Specific information is provided below in relation to:
Rest assured that your learning progress and other settings from both LingoDeer and LingoDeer Plus (where applicable) will not be affected by the change.
Please let us know:
- your old LingoDeer account email
- the new email you'd like to have linked to your account
Please note that the new email needs to be
- a valid address; and
- not previously registered with LingoDeer as an email/password login method
For example, let's say my current LingoDeer account email is email@example.com
I now want to use firstname.lastname@example.org as my new LingoDeer account email.
And email@example.com also happens to be the email I use for my Facebook account.
Then this means that:
in addition to firstname.lastname@example.org
|I register and login to LingoDeer with my Facebook account only|
|I can use email@example.com as my new email|
|I use my Facebook account as one of my LingoDeer logins, and I've also registered an email/password account on LingoDeer using firstname.lastname@example.org|
|I won't be able to use email@example.com as my new email|
Getting your password
Once your LingoDeer account has been linked to your new email address, you will receive an email (at the new address) with a system generated temporary password.
You can change the password to one that's easy for you to remember by:
- in-app: going to "ME >> Profile >> Settings >> Change Password"; or
- on our website: clicking on your profile picture (in the top right hand corner), selecting "Settings" from the drop-down menu and following the prompts
Quirks to know about LingoDeer's registration system
- Logging in via email/password, Google, Facebook and Apple ID will create four different accounts. Even if the Google, Facebook and Apple ID accounts are all linked to the same email.
- We can help you change from a third party (Google / Facebook / Apple ID) login method to an email/password login method, and you will be able to keep the same account without losing your progress and other data. However, we cannot switch your existing email/password account to one that uses a third party login method.